XML Comparator is used to compare two XML files. This utility has been built up to compare two XML documents. Just need to provide the XML contents, it will compare and find out the differences.
It provides following options to compare.
The XML comparator supports XML namespaces fully. The declarations of XML namespace need to be explicit and on the root XML element level.if xml name space defined in other elements, it copied the namespace decleration at the root level and then compare in the documents.It supports default namespace also.
Its not a text compare. It mainly compare elements and attributes from both the XMLs.
Click Here To Watch A Demo On It(https://youtu.be/grECgKDbeuw).
- Sorting and comparing
- Comparing XML ignoring comments
- Comparing XML ignoring element and attribute values from both
the XMLs. It is XML structure comparasion.
How It Works:
First it analyze both the XML file content. Check the precoditions
before compare. Once preconditions are pased, it copare the attribute
values and element values in both the XMLs. It cheks for new element and
attribute also. It detects if any element / attribute is deleted from
XMl2. Mark the differences with various colors. Red means deleted. Green
means added. Blue means modified.
Steps To Execute:
- Both XML needs to be well formed
- Root element name of both the XMLS has to be same.
- Add first XML content in the first text area.
- Add 2nd XML content in the 2nd text area.
- Click on the compare XML button